Days Bazaar Café
We have been a part of Mullingar history since the late 18th century, located in the town centre and serving delicious food made with locally sourced ingredients.
According to records of advertisements posted on The Westmeath Chronicle, Days Bazaar was founded by Charles Day in 1879. Originally a general store, Days Bazaar was in the Day’s family for approximately 50 years. Unfortunately due to poor record keeping we don’t know much of it’s history from 1929 until it was in the possession of the O'Donnell family.
Days Bazaar was purchased in 2005 by Adrian & Deirdre Murphy from Jim & Miriam O’Donnell who had owned the shop for the last 30-40 years. It was then a book shop and newsagent.
In 2013 the Murphy family started running the coffee shop and due to it’s immense success, it outgrew the bookshop and eventually the whole premises was converted to what is now Days Bazaar Café.